Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Gravity Balans


Next i went to the library to find some inspiration for the further development of my chair. In the library i found this wonderful book by Peter Opsvik called 'rethinking sitting'. Some great ideas are explained in this book and in part of this Opsvik also mentions the importance of movement. One way he tackled the problem was by inventing the Gravity Balans. This chair really impressed me because the way it works is quite simple but very unique, instead of creating the bottom in a rounded manner like the usual rocking chair he has designed this to be made out of differently angled, flat surfaces so that the person can balance it on whichever angle preferred.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I think your work is great and I am doing something similar for my A level. Do you know the dimensisions and angles of the gravity balans chair? it would be great help to me.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete